PUT CARE FIRST. JOIN OUR CLINICAL TEAM.
We Believe in H.E.A.L.T.H.
Honesty | Ethics | Achievement | Loyalty | Trust | Hospitality
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Statement of Purpose
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the overall financial management of the organization, including all financial reporting, internal and external. The CFO provides management support to the CEO and the Board of Directors and directly oversees the Billing Director and Accounts Payable and Purchasing Director. The CFO is responsible for all financial operations including financial audits and budgets.
Required Education and Experience
1. Minimum Education: Bachelor degree in finance or accounting. Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
2. Minimum Experience: Prior experience in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) setting required. Five years’ experience in accounting related field preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, including monthly journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Review of grant awards
- Calculation of grants receivable/deferred revenue
- Allocation of federal grant expenditures by site and department per grant awards
- Review of billing reports and preparation of patient services revenue entries, contractual allowances
- Payroll report allocations
- Calculation of allocation of administrative costs, accruals, review and correction of posted activity
- Preparation of the complete financial package for the Board
- End of year wrap-up and new year set-up of work papers for the months of June & July
- Budget development, preparation and completion
- Budget data entry into accounting software and incorporation of current budget into financial packet
- Annual preparation of/assistance with information for outside auditors
- Government Reporting and Compliance
- Title X monthly allocations and reports
- Preparation of quarterly FFR 272 and annual FFR reports, monthly federal grant
- drawdowns, grant compliance
- Preparation of FQHC Medicare cost report (multiple reports)
- Preparation of/assistance with Federal 330 Grant Non-Competing budget forms
- Preparation of/assistance with financial tables for annual UDS report
- Preparation of federal & state annual information returns
- Preparation of DHCS Annual PPS Reconciliations (multiple sites)
- Preparation of/assistance with financial tables for annual OSHPD report (multiple sites)
- Review of 571-L Property Tax Returns
- Preparation of Annual Use Tax Returns
- 340B compliance
- Financial Policies and Procedures
- COVID-19 Consultations/reporting
- DHCS Medi-Cal Change in Scope of Service reports and provision of support for DHCS audits
- Manage savings accounts, if any.
- Work on corporate loans, if any.
- Responsible to stay apprised of current Legislative Mandates as set forth through HRSA guidance, for federal grant compliance.
- Preparation of/assistance with grant application budget forms.
- Preparation of/assistance with fiscal reporting for grants.
Contact Our Human Resources Team
The Hiring Process:
- All applications are carefully screened by Human Resources. Select candidates meeting the minimum and preferred qualifications will be forwarded to the hiring manager. Please be assured that we strive to select candidates to best meet the needs of organization.
- Timelines for interview and selection of candidates may vary and depend upon the needs of the department.
- If your application is selected for further consideration, you may be contacted by the hiring manager for an interview.
- When the final selection decision has been determined, Human Resources will contact the candidate to begin the onboarding process which includes background screening, post job offer physical examination examination, drug screen, TB test, and verification of your ability to work in the United States.
- All offers of employment are conditional pending clearance of a background screening, post job offer physical examination, drug screen, TB test, and verification of your ability to work in the United States.