Altura Centers for Health (ALTURA) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in central California that provides comprehensive, integrated, healthcare services to the underserved patient population in the San Joaquin Valley of California. ALTURA has been providing medical and dental care to the community since 1995, in response to community concerns regarding the health and social needs of low income immigrant population. ALTURA serves nearly 30,000 patients annually.
Our MISSION is to provide comprehensive, compassionate, high quality health care for people living in the communities we serve.
Our VISION is to build health communities by providing the utmost in comprehensive, patient-centered care.
- ALTURA is located in the heart of California’s San Joaquin Valley; an urban community that is home to approximately 62,000 residents, many of whom are poor ethnic minorities.
- ALTURA plays a crucial role in the community as a provider of health, dental and social services to patients who typically go without care.
- We pride ourselves on providing comprehensive, compassionate, high quality health care for people living in the communities we serve.
- ALTURA first became a Federal Qualified Look A-Like Clinic in 1997 and in 2000 became a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), and is an FTCA deemed facility. In addition, the clinic is a 501 (C) 3 Non-profit Organization. ALTURA is governed by a committed Volunteer Community Board of Directors which meet once a month and serve on several committees. The majority of the Board of Directors are patients of ALTURA. Hence, it is a clinic governed by its patients as well as community. The majority of our providers are contracted with the clinic. This arrangement has enabled the clinic to have many specialists available to our patients.
- These are outpatient practices with occasional on-call telephone coverage shared with other members of the provider team. Physicians enjoy an exceptional work-life balance.
- Altura Centers for Health is a National Health Service Corp entity for loan repayment.
Our Clinic is halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Located at the base of three National Parks; Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia, you can touch the world's largest trees, feel the mist of Yosemite Falls, & stand at the base of the famous Half Dome.
Let’s make a difference together to enrich and make a positive impact in the lives of the people who would otherwise go without care!