Altura Centers for Health
Altura Centers for Health has been providing medical and dental care to the community since 1995. Historically the clinic was formerly owned and operated by Tulare Local Health Care District. It was purchased from Tulare District Hospital (TDH) on July 1998. Altura first became a Federal Qualified Look A-Like Clinic in 1997 and in 2000 became a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), and is a deemed federal public health service employee. In addition, the clinic is a 501 (C) 3 Non-profit Organization. Altura is governed by a committed Volunteer Community Board of Directors which meet once a month and serve on several committees. The majority of the Board of Directors are patients of Altura. Hence, it is a clinic governed by its patients as well as community
Our Mission is to provide comprehensive, compassionate, high quality health care for people living in the communities we serve.
Our Vision is to build healthy communities by providing the utmost in comprehensive, patient-centered care.
- Honesty, Compassion, Respect - We value honesty, compassion and respect as the principles of all our interaction.
- Ethics – We value ethical practices that lead to excellence in both the provision of health care services and business relationships.
- Achievement – We value patients taking responsibility for and achieving their optimum health. We value board and staff achieving our organizations potential through teamwork, effective and efficient leadership, management, and professional development.
- Loyalty – We value the loyalty earned through both our patient’s positive health care experience and day-to-day interactions of our leadership staff.
- Trust – We value relationships based on mutual trust and integrity.
- Hospitality – We value a caring and welcoming environment for our patients, their families, or board and staff members.
Accreditations: NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home
Altura is constantly striving to meet all of your Healthcare needs, wherever you may be in the community. We have multiple locations, in addition we have school based health centers on a rotating schedule at schools in Tulare.
On Call Physicians:
Our desire is your wellbeing. We have physicians on call 24 hours a day to fulfill your Healthcare needs.
Knowledgeable and Friendly Staff:
We at Altura know that Healthcare isn’t merely a bandage. Our patients need the reassurance of quality Healthcare and how that translates into a Patient experience. We take pride in the quality, education and experience of our staff.
It is the policy of Altura Centers for Health to treat all patients and not to discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, nation origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or disability.